Halfway There: Best Food Memory

My best food memory while being here in the SF/Bay Area has to be when a couple friends and I went to a place called Hong Kong Clay Pot Restaurant in Chinatown. It was a really small, low-key place that one might have missed completely if you weren’t paying attention. I remember the restaurant having a beautiful decor in the dining area and only a few people eating there at the time. At first glance, I didn’t know what to expect since as far as I was concerned, this was just some random place we found on Google. However, the food they served was some of the best I’ve had since I’ve been in California. I had this chicken curry dish with vegetable served in a medium sized clay pot with rice as a side. As soon as I took that first taste I was in heaven. All of the flavors mixed so well together and it was cooked to perfection.  What also amazed we was how quality the food was while being relatively cheap. It was so fulfilling. All in all, that day and that experience in Chinatown was a memorable one that I won’t soon forget. If anyone reading this ever goes to San Francisco, pay a visit to Hong Kong Clay Pot Restuarant. You won’t be disappointed.

2 thoughts on “Halfway There: Best Food Memory

Hi Olajide, my name is Peyton and I am an intern at the HUB. Thank you for sharing your experiences about first arriving to California! It was also great to read about the connection that you have already made with your manager, Vince. It is common to be nervous before meeting with a boss, especially when you are not familiar with the office culture. It sounds like you are adjusting well to the style of the Workday office and are comfortable with Vince’s personable and more laid back style. Along with that, I hope that you can continue having conversations with him about life in the Bay-Area so that you can feel more comfortable in this new city. It seems that this began to happen when you found a great restaurant in Chinatown. I will take your advice and try it out if I make it to San Francisco anytime soon. In your next blog, I hope to hear about how your relationship with your manager Vince has progressed and how your internship has progressed over the last few weeks. What work have you done that is most meaningful to you? I look forward to reading your next post.

Thank you so much for reading! I do hope you make that trip to Chinatown as well. To answer your question, I think everything I have accomplished here has been meaningful. Every project I have done is tested and sent out to different customers which is exciting. If I had to pick one it would have to be my first project where I had to implement a new composite view for a certain feature. This project took the longest since I ran into issues and almost had to start from scratch. However, that was the project that I learned the most from and once I was able to complete it I felt proud of myself for sticking through with it till the end.