I’m Living in a Crime Show | #3

In all honesty, I was not expecting to get involved in Criminal Law because it was never something that I thought I wanted to do with my career. When I received this internship offer to work under the Gang and Complex Homicide unit there was some level of excitement but being here and learning has allowed me to develop an appreciation for this kind of work.

There is never a dull moment when I go to my internship. I feel truly grateful to be granted the opportunity to take in so much knowledge from very qualified prosecutors.

The cases we work on are very complex and fascinating to me it feels like I am on an episode of CSI trying to put the pieces together to learn how, why, when and where the crime was committed.

Cannot wait for more!

One thought on “I’m Living in a Crime Show | #3

Thanks for sharing, Gabriela! I’d be interested to hear a bit more about what about the work made you develop that appreciation for it? What have you been learning about criminal law through this internship? I’d really like to see a bit more come out of your reflection here, so that I can really get a sense of what you’re doing and learning. This sounds like a fantastic internship, and I just want to know more!