Portugal- Week 8

In addition to the internship, I’ve been really fortunate to be able to travel around Portugal during my time here. It’s been really cool to hang out with Portuguese people and travel with them. I’ve really enjoyed learning and seeing more of Portugal than I would if I was on my own. Coming to this country alone really pushed me to reach out to others and meet new people. I’ve enjoyed learning more about the food, trying different types of bacalhau, and learning to love meias de leite. I really love Braga and it seems that there is so much more to do here. I’m realizing that I may want to live out of the country in the future and before this experience, I hadn’t really ever considered that as a serious possibility. I think that this experience will open a lot of doors for me, especially regarding what I consider as possible or impossible. I wasn’t sure that I would be able to do all of this on my own but I’m realizing now that I’m more capable than I gave myself credit for.

One thought on “Portugal- Week 8

Megan, congratulations on finishing a fantastic internship experience! Reading your last few blog posts it seems incomprehensible that this was your first time abroad – it really sounds like you have learned and grown a lot in terms of confidence, Portuguese ability, solo traveling, navigating the workplace, and more. Really excited to see what you do next, and looking forward to talking to you at the Reunion.

Best,
    Jenny