Post #1

San Francisco is entirely different than my rural home in Connecticut. One thing I’ve noticed here, not that is is necessarily a misconception, is that though San Francisco is one of the most disability friendly cities, its hills are unbearable. This is the cityscape and there isn’t much to be done about it because there are already ramps and public transportation, but it is interesting to me to watch the elderly walk up steep inclines and try to navigate the busses. Going off of that, I’d like to clear up that though it is disability friendly, many of the places that are accessible are the most expensive in the city. Much of the cheaper and more accessible housing options are up steep hills and require able-bodied people to live in them.

One thought on “Post #1

Hi Matt – my name is Tyler from the LSA Opportunity Hub, and I’ll be following your blog this summer. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me.

I really appreciate your reflections and comments on the accessibility of San Francisco. It is certainly an interesting commentary on being “accessible” when many (most) cannot afford that accessibility.

I look forward to hearing about your internship experience in the city!