Ryan Smith Jefferies Internship – Post #5

It is hard to believe but there are only two weeks left in my internship. However, work shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. For one, the M&A deal that I have been working on all summer is closing this Wednesday. This is exciting because I have never seen a deal close before, so it will undoubtedly be a great learning experience. On top of this, I was recently staffed on another project that will be very time consuming for the remainder of the summer. After eating lunch with a Managing Director who went to Michigan, he asked two other interns and I to help him in performing a valuation of one of Jefferies’ most valuable clients. Most interns are never given the opportunity to build financial models or perform valuations, so I am incredibly thankful for the opportunity.  There is no doubt that the Michigan network is very powerful. I cannot wait to do more on this project over the next two weeks and wrap up my internship!

One thought on “Ryan Smith Jefferies Internship – Post #5

Hi Ryan,
    Despite the nearing end – no signs of a slowdown?! I’m curious what the transfer of responsibilities looks like, knowing how rapidly your work moves.

Congrats on the closing of the M&A deal! How did it go? And what an awesome opportunity for another project, bringing in the power of the UM network.

Best of luck as you transition out of your role!
    Beth