Blog 2: Benefits of communication

During this last week, my internship has involved the use of communication between the owner and clients. I have participated in these events when estimates are being conducted. I often translate from Spanish to English when asked to clarify something that was misunderstood. During this process, I noticed that the interaction between the business and the clients goes more smoothly. I say this because I notice how effective communication is in the business perspective. The client’s questions are answered and they seemed more secure about their job decision.  I learned that communicating every aspect of the contract is important to avoid any miscommunications later on. It was a great learning experience because I was able to understand why clarification is important when understanding an idea or comment.

One thought on “Blog 2: Benefits of communication

Emily — I agree that communication is really important in business, between colleagues and with clients. I’m happy to hear you’ve had this experience, and I can see this understanding contribute to your skills as you continue to grow as a professional.

At this time, I would like to introduce you to Uzma Anwar. Uzma will be following your internship until August. Best of luck to you!