Internship Begining

In my internship I am a part of an intern team that creates internal applications for J.P. Morgan Chase. For these internal applications we are given a problem statement and the ability to use any tech stack we want. What drew me to this internship was the big name of J.P. Morgan Chase. It is such a big and well-known company that is putting a lot of money into technology. Also, many of my friends interned at J.P. Morgan Chase and found it fun.

Going into this internship I am hoping for a lot of guidance to learn new technologies and what J.P. Morgan Chase uses to create their websites and mobile applications. I hope to come out of this internship as a full stack developer, able to work both in the frontend and backend. I also would like to network as much as I can while at my internship. Hopefully, I will be given many opportunities to interact with other developers, managers, and interns during my internship. It would be a great to hear how others feel about working at the company and also hear career advice.

I see many exciting challenges and opportunities ahead during this internship. Firstly, working in web development will be an exciting challenge for me because that is a subject I have not had a lot of experience in. Learning new coding languages and frameworks will also be challenging. I think all these challenges present the opportunity for me to grow as a developer and to build my learning skills.

2 thoughts on “Internship Begining

Hi Thomas! My name is Maggie Davidson and I am a Data and Systems Analyst at the LSA Opportunity Hub. I, along with Hub Intern Vishal, will be following along with your blogs this summer! Looking forward to learning about your internship experience!

Hi Thomas,

I am Vishal, a student intern here at the LSA Opportunity Hub and I would be following along on your internship journey.

I really appreciate your learner’s mindset as you continue to build skills in becoming a full stack developer. Being part of a financial firm like others also has another interesting part to it that you get to learn about data privacy up and close, which are becoming more and more crucial as privacy concerns continues to grow.

Building connections and talking to people is a great way to make your internship more exciting and I am glad you’re not hesitant to jump in and reach out to people.

Excited and looking forward to hear your experiences!