Settling Mid-way with MB

Managing a family festival for Chicago’s Millennium Park has been one heck of a ride! I am grateful to have worked with many different programs and artists to have this festival put together. I have worked hand in hand with Lurie Garden, Oriental Institute Museum, and Hyde Park Art Center so far to put together different crafts and activities for the kids. I have made great partnerships with programmers around the city of Chicago to help put this festival together. DCASE in Chicago have also been a great partner when arranging this festival. The cultural affairs department have provided me with numerous amounts of contacts who ended up partnering with me this summer. We have had about 2,000 people show up per week, for this is only open M-F 10-2PM. I hope to see how the remainder of the summer turns out!

One thought on “Settling Mid-way with MB

Hi Andrea – my name is Tyler with the LSA Opportunity Hub. I’ll be following your blog this summer so thank you so much for sharing your experience with me. It sounds like it’s been quite the journey so far!

Chicago in the summer is certainly hard to beat, so it’s really great to hear that you have been connecting and experiencing the community in so many ways.

What is on the agenda for the rest of your experience? I’m certainly excited to hear how things go!