My Internship: Home Away From Home

Living in San Francisco has been a dream ever since I got into programing as a Junior in high school. Now I am living out here for 10 weeks and it really is amazing. Especially for tech, San Francisco is the land of opportunity. Just walking down the streets of the city you can see the headquarters of many companies. I work close to Yelp, Udemy, Twitter, Uber, you name it, it’s here. So many ideas and amazing products come from here. The only thing about San Francisco is that it is really expensive. The cost of living here is something I have never experienced before. Transportation, rent, and food are all a lot more expensive than I am used to back in Michigan.

One thought on “My Internship: Home Away From Home

True, there is such amazing work happening around there which impacts a major part of the world. I have been wanting to visit San Francisco too for a while and reading your post just makes me want to go there even more.

I have heard that some companies have conferences/talks happening every now and then for the public, more so during the summer which are great for networking, learning about latest trends in engineering and design. Have you had a chance to visit any or are you planning to?

Vishal