Summer Research #5

Its hard to believe that I am almost done with my internship at Stanford. It feels like I just started yesterday!

Working in the lab this summer has provided me with numerous learning experiences beyond bench work. I have gained a greater insight into navigating the world of clinical research and all of the pieces that must come together to create the bigger picture. I have also been given several suggestions of books to read which will make me a better educator and researcher. Today, the post doc in my lab suggested a book called “Pedagogy of the Oppressed” which discusses educational systems and how to make them accessible.

I am excited to read this book and to engage in meaningful discussion with the other lab members.

One thought on “Summer Research #5

Thank you for sharing, Kendall. I am glad to hear that your internship experience has provided you with a better sense of the big picture when it comes to clinical research. Finding ways to learn and improve outside of the workplace is a great professional practice. It’s good to know that you have adopted strategies to continue learning about the field through reading and engaging in discussions with peers. I am looking forward to hearing more about your experience. – Jake