Surprising knowings about my internship

I’m back and ready to share about my experience thus far at my summer internship here with the National Forum of Higher Education!

My summer internship experience extenuates my time with PILOT– the organization I am involved with throughout the school year– and the National Forum, for I am able to apply my knowledge from previous projects I’ve worked on to our current summer projects. This being said, I am definitely appreciative of this experience, for I am given more hands-on experience with each project and task force I work with, providing me with more of a leadership role. For example, one of my tasks over the first few weeks has been to compile proper questions to use for our interview process prior to accepting future participants for our Big House Program–one of the main projects we focus on during the summer where we bring high school seniors to campus for a few days, assisting them throughout their entire college application process.

Additionally, working with my other peers throughout this internship has been quite an experience, for since we are a smaller group-compared to the group we have during the Fall/Winter term- we are able to understand how important it is to have all of our voices heard throughout our weekly meetings as a team. It is nice to know that we all have opportunities to develop our own skills as well as share our ideas with the team!

More updates about my experience are coming soon!

One thought on “Surprising knowings about my internship

Hi Alexis,

Its’s great to hear from you! I’m happy to hear that your internship is progressing and you’re able to work with a team that seems to bring out your strengths! The program you are working on that brings high school seniors to campus to help them work on their college application sounds fantastic! Will you have a role during the actual program when students are on campus? What sort of strategies did you use to help generate the interview questions you came up with?

I’m excited to hear more about your internship experience as it progresses!

-Danielle