What’s it like? | #4

Whenever I tell people I am working for the State Attorney’s Office under the Gang and Complex Homicide Unit they are intrigued and want detail. I work on the current case before they go to trial.  I cannot discuss specifics I can say I get to spend as much time as I want in court. From normal motions to status hearings, to sentencing the lawyers welcome the law clerks to join in at court.

Sentencing is always very difficult to watch. Even if the evidence is clear and shows the person is guilty, listening to the judge hand out life sentences to these people with their families present is a tough pill to swallow.

Aside from court, I work on any task any prosecutor might need. Those tasks can include copying, listening to jail calls, or even transcribing consensual overhear tapes.

One thought on “What’s it like? | #4

Thanks so much for continuing to share a bit about your internship. I’m curious to know what tasks you like the best, and which ones you like the least from your internship? Which ones do you think are having the biggest impact on your development during the internship, and which ones the least?