where I want to work someday

As I reflect on my internship experience, I consider the things I have learned so far about the kind of company I want to work for.

I think I want to work for a big company. I like the culture that comes with a big company, and I think too small of one would get really boring. Big companies also have more set policies, which can be a good and bad thing. I think I would like it because, as an employee, you come more to know what to expect. On the other hand, that also sometimes translates to less flexibility in the work place.

Another thing I’ve learned is that I want to work in a place that is fast paced and is very collaborative focused. This would allow for more communication, which is one of my strengths. I would like to work in a space that is conducive to that end.

I want to work in a place where the staff are friends, and where the boss doesn’t sit back and let everyone else do all the work. The partners at the firm I work for are pretty involved, and I respect that about them.

Coming up on senior year, I am both nervous and excited, but I’m glad that I know a thing or two about what I’m looking for.

One thought on “where I want to work someday

Hi Serena! Knowing what you want in a work environment is half the battle – if not more! The knowledge you’ve gained about yourself and what you need from work is extremely important and will help you do a more intentional search in the upcoming year for full-time work.

Besides the company culture, I’m curious to learn how you’ve enjoyed (or not) the day-to-day work at your organization. Is that work something you’d like to do in the future? Are there other industries you’re considering where the skills you have and are building would be transferrable?