Washington D.C. is a great place to live | Post #3

Having been in Washington for a couple weeks now I realized that this may be one of my favorite cities I’ve ever been to, and a top contender for where I want to go for a career. Prior to moving here I was worried that D.C. would be too big of a city to feel settled into because I can only spend a couple months here; I was pleasantly surprised! During my first week I had no idea where anything was but that didn’t stop me from venturing out to see my surroundings – and in doing so I ended up falling in love with the city. The architecture is so unique – it still has the aspects of a large city but with a small town vibe thanks to the boutique and mom-and-pop stores.

Although I love the unique vibe of the city, my absolute favorite thing about Washington D.C. is how engrained and important history is within the city. It seems around every corner something interesting happened. From the Capital and the National Mall to the Watergate Hotel and the White House all of this historic landmarks, until this summer I had only seen in pictures, are all a walking distance from one another. Hand-in-hand with the historic sights and monuments also comes the unbelievably amazing museums. It seems like there is a quality museum detracted to every subject imaginable – and the best part is almost all of them are free!

One thought on “Washington D.C. is a great place to live | Post #3

Grant, thank you for sharing more about your time in Washington D.C.! I am very happy to hear that you were able to settle in despite the fact you are only spending a couple of months there.

It is so great that you are taking in the history and culture of our nation’s capital. I have visited multiple times myself and completely agree on how lovely the architecture and history of the city is. I hope I have as much time as you do to explore it all, though. Multiple months to explore the historic landmarks and museums sounds amazing.

I’d be curious to hear what your favorite museums in D.C. are. There are so many great museums to explore there and I would try and explore as many as you can before you return. What a fantastic opportunity.