5 Weeks | #3

5 weeks down, 5 weeks to go. So far, working at my internship and living in Chicago has been one of the most rewarding times of my life. Although it’s not always fun, exciting, or positive, the lessons I’ve learned, the people I’ve met, and the experiences I’ve had are invaluable. The weather has been, for the most part, beautiful and I spend most of my evenings running along the shore of Lake Michigan. I was recently updating my resume and realized that I have learned so much about professional software development in such a short period of time that there is no way to fit it all on paper.

5 weeks left of work unfortunately also means only 5 weeks until my end of Summer full time interview, an unnerving thought to say the least. I will spend my last week interviewing at my company for a full time position after graduation. Although the previous 9 weeks will play a hefty role in the weight of my application, I am still nervous for the interview. Working at this company has been great in so many ways, mostly because of the people and the culture. I have metaphorically ‘drank the kool-aid’ and would love to work here full time. Plus, entering Senior year with a decent job offer is a huge perk.

Speaking of Senior year, is it normal to occasionally feel like you’re having an early onset Senior crisis? I am itching to get back to school to see my friends and have all the fun there is to be had in Ann Arbor in the Fall. However, I am not ready for this to be my last year and I am not ready to live so far away from my best friends. I have no doubts that Senior year will be even more fun than I can imagine, but will it be enough time with my friends? On the other hand, I am definitely not ready to go back to studying for exams and pulling all-nighters in the Dude. The winter semester just ended! My thoughts on school starting in 5 weeks can be simply summed up as conflicted.

Yet, all of this is perhaps a bit too premature. After all, I still have 5 weeks left, well 4 now because it took me a week to actually finish this blog.