Chennai week 8

The past few weeks have been great! I finally found another project to work on. I will be programming a in-game store that will allow the players to buy weapons. It is exciting because the weapons are all in 3D and I will be able to gain some experience on working with 3D objects in Unity.

Outside of work I made friends with other interns at Shilpa Architect, which is located in the same building as FriendsLearn. We have been playing badminton, going to beaches, going to cafes together. Over the last weekend, we went to Pondicherry, which is about 3 hours away from Chennai. It was a French colony, and many of the buildings are still in French style. We watched the sunrise at 5:30 in the morning on the Rock Beach and had a great time touring the city. We also got to visit a cafe that one of the interns at Shilpa designed.

A few days ago we also moved our office room to the ground floor of the building. It is nice change since we don’t get much AC when we were on the first floor. The new office room has just been finished and the AC is great.

One thought on “Chennai week 8

I am glad to hear that your time in Chennai continues to be positive! It sounds like you are involved with an engaging project at work, one that gives you a chance to learn some new skills that you might otherwise not be able to develop. It’s also great that you have made friends with other interns and have been able to do some traveling on the weekends. Those experiences are what you’ll probably remember most about your time in India, so I strongly encourage you to continue with that!