American Red Cross National Headquarters – #2

Hi! My name is Maria Muzaurieta and this summer, I’m interning at the American Red Cross National Headquarters in Washington, D.C.

I represented American Red Cross Youth at the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) 2018 Youth Preparedness Council Summit!

I serve on the American Red Cross National Youth Council, and I was working to connect both of the Red Cross’s Youth Council and FEMA’s Youth Council to collaborate so that we can best prepare America’s youth for emergencies.

FEMA’s Youth Preparedness Council is divided into three committees: citizen responder, youth preparedness, and financial preparedness. The American Red Cross National Youth Council and the Youth Preparedness Council have overlapping missions and I was excited to serve as a liaison to connect amazing youth volunteers across the country.

This photo includes the Co-Chairs of the committees of the Youth Preparedness Council and myself, which represents the collaboration of youth volunteers who are committed to preparing and educating America’s youth.

Follow my journey! -Maria Muzaurieta
LinkedIn   Instagram   Facebook   Twitter