American Red Cross National Headquarters – #3

Hi! My name is Maria Muzaurieta and I’m an International Humanitarian Law intern at the American Red Cross National Headquarters. I’ve been a Red Crosser for 5 years, and serve on the American Red Cross National Youth Council, which is a group of thirteen youth members and two adult advisors who nationally represent and serve the youth volunteers of the American Red Cross. Drawing upon the creativity, dedication, and energy of youth, the National Youth Council seeks to promote young volunteers as an organizational resource.

Today, I had lunch with the American Red Cross Chief Public Affairs Officer, Suzy DeFrancis. She manages government relationships and communications for the organization and I had a wonderful time hearing about her incredible vision for the American Red Cross.

It’s incredible to hear from the leaders of the organization who oversee the reach of the American Red Cross. I’m so proud to be a part of this non-profit and to have the opportunity to outreach to thousands of people to help further the American Red Cross mission.

Follow my journey! -Maria Muzaurieta
LinkedIn   Instagram   Facebook   Twitter