Fun in the City #6

This past few weeks have been very busy for me. I went to a few street and park festivals where I was able to listen to some live music and eat food truck meals, which were surprisingly delicious. Unfortunately, almost every outdoor festival I’ve gone to has been rained on which made the experience a little less enjoyable. I plan on going to a few more before I return back to Ann Arbor for the fall semester so hopefully those will not be rained on. Over the weekend I took a trip to Milwaukee, Wisconsin to visit my friend who is interning there for the summer and was able to experience a new city that I’ve never been to. As my internship is winding down I’ve been creating how to guides for the rest of the staff on projects that I have been working on. One of the major things I’ve been working on is creating a SharePoint library with metadata navigation for my office to use for their day to day activities. I’ve been creating thorough step-by-step guides on how to recreate and use what I’ve done even after I leave. My goal is to make the guides as intuitive as possible so that there is no confusion or discrepancies. Before I leave my boss said that he would take a look at my resume and conduct a mock interview so that I can practice incorporating the things that I have learned at this internship into my responses. I’ve really enjoyed my internship experience with the EPA and would love to continue doing this sort of work in the future as my career. While I still have a couple more weeks left of my internship, I’ll certainly miss my daily commute and the friendly atmosphere at my office. I plan to make the most of the time I have left and who knows what the future will hold!

One thought on “Fun in the City #6

Hi Karly! It sounds like you have been having a very busy and fun summer! You have been able to get your hands on some real work and have experiences that are educational and unforgettable. It’s amazing that your boss is willing to help you with your resume and interview help! I’d be curious to know what you will do with these lessons and memories when you exit your internship. I highly recommend using the services and resources offered at the Opportunity Hub to help you maximize this experiences. Along with the assistance from your supervisor this summer, our coaches can help you articulate your experiences in resumes, cover letters, and future interviews. You surely don’t want to forget all of the great things you’ve been learning in Chicago, or the people that you’ve connected with. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer, and we hope to see you at the Hub this fall!