Halfway Through Internship

At the beginning of my internship, I was assigned two mentors, two data scientists that were on my team.  One of them was a former intern, and the first message he sent me was to ask questions.  Ask many questions throughout the entire course of the summer, because he regrets not asking many when he was an intern.  His advice really stuck with me, and provided me with a great experience overall.

I’ve already gotten to travel to Dallas, Seattle, and back home to Ann Arbor already, and it has given me an extremely unique experience.  Just by sitting in client meetings, and seeing how my team members work in different environments has gotten me excited about future possibilities with IBM.  Going into this internship, I was scared that it would be too sales-oriented, but from what I have seen so far, my team members are genuinely concerned with their clients to providing them with the best technical solutions possible.

I’ve noticed that my presentation skills have become more fine-tuned, mostly because we have had multiple opportunities to present in front of others, in order to become more confident in our ability to public speak.  It definitely helps that the culture and environment in my office is very supportive, and with everyone willing to help each other out.  I can’t believe it’s already been five weeks!  5 more to go!