Halfway Through | Post #4

Now that I have passed the halfway point of my tenure in Washington D.C. I’ve really become acquainted with the daily routine of the city – and I have learned to love the daily commuting life; an opinion held by the minority of people I assume. I have found the morning rush energizing, a stark contrast to sleepily driving to work in morning traffic. Shuffling down the left side of the escalator to grab a seat on my 8:00 train provides an oddly inspiring environment to get ready for the day by sharing a mode of transportation that carries a seemingly infinite amount of people to their jobs in an endless array of professions.

When I arrive at the office I’ve also realized it also provides a uniquely stimulating environment. I love the constant hustle and bustle of the office. It seems like everyday I have a new schedule to abide by, new people to meet, and new projects to assist with. From researching autonomous vehicle legislation to taking trips to the Capital Building, each day affords me with new activities that I wouldn’t be able to do without my internship at the Department of Transportation.

Even though I’m halfway though my time here I feel like I haven’t even scratched the surface of all the things to do after work as well. It seems like every time I tell someone about something new that I did, they have two more things that are related for me to check out.