Final blog post #6

I had little to no understanding of what kind of work takes place in a research lab environment before interning. Today I feel that I have learned a lot about research practices. Researchers have to constantly look for the most accurate way to make a measurement. This requires that most tasks in the lab be completed using careful attention. A task that takes a lot of effort. I’ve been picking up habits in the lab that carried out to my everyday life. Where I’m most excited to apply my new skills is in academics. I’ve become more curious about my physics classes because we will explore in detail (I hope) some of the principles that are in practice in the lab. With the new skills and my curiosity, I hope to have an enjoyable semester.

One thought on “Final blog post #6

Hi Hector! I’m so glad you were able to take advantage of the various research presentations that were happening around Ann Arbor this summer and that sparked some new interest that you might consider pursuing through another lab internship. It’s also exciting to hear you talk about how you’re going to bring your organizational skills into the classroom next semester!

I really enjoyed learning about your internship experience this summer! I want to acknowledge that with this post you’ve met the six blog requirement. You’re more than welcome to continue to blog and I’ll continue to follow your posts! However, if this is the last time that I hear from you on the blog we’d love to see you stop by the Hub in the Fall to discuss how you can represent this experience on your resume, LinkedIn, in networking conversations, and/or in interviews!

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your summer!