The Office- TransRe Edition| #6

Today is my last day here at Transatlantic Reinsurance Company.  I have enjoyed the internship and the networking I have done alongside it.  I have met many friends that I will keep in touch with at the school year starts.  Sadly, my boss isn’t here for my last day, however, I was able to have a proper goodbye on Tuesday.

Before I leave, I am working on finishing an excel document that has taken absolutely forever due to excel constantly crashing on these computers.  I kid you not, I had to switch computers, force quit excel, and have lost many data sets causing me to have to start over.  It consists of two excel sheets talking to each other, but one keeps not loading or crashing on itself… It is very frustrating when dealing with these dilemmas because I cannot foresee when they will happen.  I have 3 more companies left to input, but it may take me an hour to do so.

Living in New York has given me great insight into my future career and where I would want to live.  I think I will want to live in New York for only a short duration… After visiting California this weekend, I see that’s where my heart truly wants to be.  As well, living on my own in the Airbnb has also prepared me for living in a house next year on campus and having to cook for myself.

Both career wise and personally, this internship has helped me.  I will always look back onto this as my first step into New York and a future on Wall Street.

Brianna

One thought on “The Office- TransRe Edition| #6

It was great to get to follow along on your adventures in your internship. It sounds like you’ve really gained a lot of valuable experience during your time Transatlantic Reinsurance Company and also from being in New York.

Moving forward I hope that you’re able to take this experience and really allow it to help guide and inform you for what comes next. It sounds like you already have been doing that and have an even better understanding of what you want and how you want to get there.

I wish you the best of luck! Keep up the good work!