First week #1

Prompt:

• What goals and expectations do you have for your internship? What are you hoping to learn from this experience?

I hope to learn more about the Filipino culture by exposing myself to the food and their daily lives. I also hope to gain more clinical experiences by being hands on with the PhilPEN patients. I may have a hard time adjusting but I expect myself to be able to adapt in hopes of growing mentally and professionally.

My goal is to help out internationally in the future. I hope that this experience can help me get widen my perspective so I will be ready in the future for any problems that may arise.

2 thoughts on “First week #1

Hi Annie!

My name is Beth Bodiya and I’m a Hub coach at the LSA Opportunity Hub. I, along with one of our Hub Interns, Jenny, will be following along with your blogs this summer. Looking forward to learning about your internship experience!

Thanks,
    Beth

Hello Annie,

I’m Jenny, a student engagement intern at the LSA Opportunity Hub and I’m excited to be following your blog posts this summer!

First of all, congratulations on your internship with FIMRC. You are contributing to such a powerful cause, and I hope you will find the experience enlightening!

After being in the Philippines for a couple weeks, what did you find out about the local community? Are you settling in fine, and is there anything interesting that you would like to share? I’m glad you set your internship goals and expectations- all the best in fulfilling them! What are your day to day responsibilities like? Volunteering in a different country is definitely a great challenge but I’m sure you will learn many exciting new things too. What challenges do you anticipate? As you think about them, also prepare yourself on how you would deal with certain situations. Don’t hesitate to voice out concerns in your blogs either- we’ll try our best to help you!

I’d love to hear more about your aspirations of working internationally. Would you wish to work for non-profit organizations like FIMRC, and where would you want to work? I look forward to reading your next blogs!

Best,
    Jenny