Halfway There

Halfway into my internship, I have submitted my first monthly project and have gone through multiple rounds of feedback. I am finally starting to understand how to better complete my project for next month. I also understand how my boss likes her work to be presented and know what parts of the data she believes is important to include in my analysis.

From my experience, D.C is a place where the majority of conversations tend to be political. At first, this was very hard for me because I felt that I had to be very careful about what I said and what opinions I stated. I wasn’t sure what would offend others and I realized there was a lot for me to learn politically. I started using this opportunity to educate myself. Rather than feeling intimidated about what was going on, I started voicing my opinions and realizing that some of these issues really hit home. It has allowed me to understand the importance of an open conversation. Many people simply like to state that they are upset about something but I think it’s important to explain where you are coming from and why you believe in what you do.

One thought on “Halfway There

I’m so glad you have been able to get through your project ok, Hayoung. I know you were a little worried about that process. I’d love to hear, now that it’s done, what you learned that you’ll be able to apply to your next project.

Maggie