The Last Week | Blog #5

Sadly the summer is coming to a close. I’ve made some great pals, I’ve worked on some great projects, and I’ve had the opportunity to live in one of the craziest places in the world. Going into this week, I thought I’d share some of my hopes for the last week of my time in New York.

1. I have my final presentation this Wednesday and my group and I are presenting in front of our bosses and SVPs. It’s terrifying. We’ve prepped as much as we can and I personally feel like I’m ready, but I know myself and my nerves and how I’ll 100% be nervous before I present. The presentation is 52 slides, so it’s a doozy, but I’m going into this project knowing and convincing myself that I did my best and even if it’s not perfect I think my bosses will appreciate the hard work that was put in. So here’s hoping I don’t screw up. We also have a fun surprise for our bosses at the end, so maybe then they’ll love it and me.
  2. I hope my bosses are happy with the work I’ve done this summer. Usually my department has two interns, but this summer it was just me. That means I was doing about double the work to keep up with what my department is used to. It’s a lot, but in the end it’s definitely manageable. I think my time at Michigan and the amount of work we’re tasked with everyday really prepared me for the amount of work I did this summer. I also hope it displayed to my bosses that I’m dedicated and driven and want to do what’s best for the company. Hopefully, it made their lives a little easier too.
  3. I hope I figure out what I want to do with my life. I love the TV world, the comedy world, and everyone I’ve worked with at my internship. But I still don’t know what I specifically want to do right now. I want to travel, see the world, meet new people, and then really settle into a career. I’m still figuring out how to do that and what facet of the entertainment world I fit into. But at the end of the day, I think this internship has really taught me that Comedy Central is my dream job and where I want to end up, and for that I am eternally grateful.
  4. Finally, I want to really enjoy every last second I have of my time left in New York. Rooming with Jaime has been a dream and I know we will have an amazing last week together. Oh also the season finale of the Bachelor and season premiere of Bachelor in Paradise are this week, so we all know I’m hype for that. Lastly, I just want to really enjoy my last week working at such a fun company and really showing everyone how thankful I am to have been there.

I’ll check back in once my internship is over, but for now peace and blessings. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t.

Your Blogging Queen Sophia

One thought on “The Last Week | Blog #5

Hi Sophia! Well before I get started I guess I should wish you the best of luck during your presentation! But I also know you won’t need it either because everything you’ve done so far has been awesome!

It’s been great getting to follow along with your adventures and your internship experience. It sounds like you’ve gained a lot of experience and also really understand what your passion is all about and how it relates to this work specifically. It’s really cool that you were able to learn so many different things about the work and also a bit about yourself in the process.

I wish you the best of luck on your presentation, and in everything else in your life as well!