FINALLY | #5

Just last week the Program ended for the high school students! I’m glad I decided to stay for spring/summer to work on this project, I meet many students and made memories with them in two short days. What surprised me this year was the student we more vocal than last years. They had many questions about the University as well as the application. While many expressed they wanted the program to be longer, overall they loved the program and are excited to be here in November for Part 2. This year I had a bigger role, which was managing volunteers and making sure we had enough to support each event. This made me nervous at the start of the program but I was delighted to get to know all the volunteers a bit better this summer. I still have one more week of meeting to wrap things up and will be having a potluck dinner for the last day.

One thought on “FINALLY | #5

Cindy,

Thanks for sharing more about your summer internship experience – I’m glad that the program you’ve been overseeing is coming to a positive close – I know it’s something you’ve been working really hard on.

I’m glad to hear that you’re taking steps to consider the students’ feedback. Is there a formalized way for these students to submit their thoughts? If not, it may be a good idea to consider bringing this up for future opportunities for the organization – few things can inform what changes should be implemented to a program more effectively than direct feedback from the participants of that program. Plus, the ability to create, collect, synthesize, and apply changes from evaluation and data are really wonderful skills that are transferable across industries!

-Josh