Getting Somewhere – #5

Over the weekend and today, we’ve finally started collecting the data that all of my training has been leading to and it has been exhilarating. My interest in research initially stemmed from my brothers interest and the desire to make the world a better place but honestly, I could see myself doing this forever just for the rush of a successful experiment. Not that I was expecting my work to oppose our hypothesis, but there has been nothing better than finishing a staining protocol to see that it is in fact in line with our hypothesis and all of our other data. I have learned so much from this research experience and that is what excites me most about pursuing research as a career: I will get to learn more every day I work. That is such a great opportunity that is not a part of every job and one that I believe I will enjoy. Anyway I am excited to wrap up this project and proceed onto the next one. Final reflections will come later this week.

One thought on “Getting Somewhere – #5

That’s awesome news! So glad to hear both the positive results and also your excitement about your work! It’s great when your work and your passion can align, it’s a very rewarding and enriching experience.

It sounds like you’ve really put a lot of time, effort, and yourself, into your work and it’s paying off! It’s a great thing to find that excitement that comes from really loving what you do and it seems like you’ve totally found that. Moving forward I hope you keep pushing yourself to dig deeper and explore where your passion for this work takes you. You are truly making the world a better place!