Thinking About Entrepreneurship | #2

During my time in this internship, it has encouraged me to think beyond my internship this summer and even my college years. I learned, with my supervisor’s encouragement, to think about maximizing my earning potential by becoming an entrepreneur. After all, that’s how my supervisor got started: He had worked at a real estate firm, learned the ropes, and realized he could make more by working for himself. On more than one occasion, he would remind me to discover what I am passionate about or good at — my “edge” — and start a business in that.

When people think about business, being introspective isn’t usually what comes to mind; but for me, it does. Thinking about business, coming up with a product to sale, and figuring out what people want, has made me more aware of my surroundings. It made me more curious about individuals, and I find my interactions with strangers even more scintillating and rewarding. Perhaps, when I return to Michigan in the fall I can come up with an idea of my own.

One thought on “Thinking About Entrepreneurship | #2

Hi Yiju! My name is Shaina and I’m an intern at the Hub. Thank you for sharing about your experience thus far, it sounds amazing! It is incredible that you were able to go back and intern with Darlene YS Chun Realty again, especially since you had such a rewarding internship last summer. I hope you can learn just as much this summer and gain new experiences with the same company.

It also sounds like your supervisor is giving you valuable advice and support. Not only is he teaching you about his company but making sure you are taking your own interests into account to help you find a path to a future career. While your supervisor may be a great resource, have you considered how you can network this summer while working at Darlene YS Chun Realty? It is never to early to start and with your heavy involvement in the company it may be a great opportunity.

I will be curious to find out if you start brainstorming ideas of companies to start up, and if so what your ideas are. I’m excited to continue reading about your amazing experience with Darlene YS Chun Realty!