Getting Acquainted with a Summer in San Fran

I’ve lived in the Midwest for nearly all my life. While trying to figure out my summer plans, I wondered if I want to stay home for the summer or not. Quickly that did not matter too much as it became much more about what job I could find. Yet somehow, I got super lucky. I am so thankful that I got to spend my last summer of undergrad out in California. San Francisco is one of my favorite cities that I have ever been to, and I am glad that I had the chance to feel at home here. The West Coast is different than anywhere I have been. The nature scene is stunning, and there are actual hills (except in SF ~ I think there a bit too many of them). The city has made me feel relaxed. It is crazy to me, stuck in my great lakes mindset, that I could walk fifteen minutes from work and be in front of the ocean. The city is a huge reason as to why I am enjoying my internship so much. How could you not love the weather? For the first time ever, I am wearing jeans in July! Everyone here has been so nice and relaxed, which truly rubs off on our work environment. It’s not a perfect city, but there is a great atmosphere that exists. I am so happy that of all places I am lucky enough to visit, I get to see San Fran. Even happier ~ I get to live there.