New Discoveries and More Steps Toward Publishing| #4

Since my last post, it has become clear that loss of the NF1 tumor suppressor does not seem to effect how sensitive MPNST and Schwann cells are to SIRT5 depletion. We have, however, made progress in determining how the loss of other tumor suppressors may sensitize MPNSTs to SIRT5 depletion. Since loss of NF1 does not appear to impact SIRT5 dependency, I have discontinued work on developing a CRISPR based model of MPNST using an NF1 knockout in NF1 wild type Schwann Cells.

I have begun editing my literature review on the prospects of epigenetic treatments for MPNST. I have reviewed it with my PI and I only have a few revisions to make, after which we will go through and rigorously edit it line by line. I have also started to make figures. In the coming weeks I hope to complete my second draft, finish citing, and finish making figures. I hope to submit the review before the end of the year.

One thought on “New Discoveries and More Steps Toward Publishing| #4

That’s awesome, Justin! It sounds like you’ve made both continued progress in your research while also making excellent progress on your literature review.

It’s great that you’re getting this opportunity to really focus in on your work and apply what you’ve learned directly into your literature review. Going through the entire process of drafting, editing, revising, etc. can be a daunting one, but it really sounds like you’ve gone all in and are putting yourself completely into your work. I’m sure that the result will be an excellent one!

Look forward to hearing more from you!