Final Post

My experience in the Mayor’s Office for the City of Detroit was absolutely incredible. It was unique in the sense that I was able to explore planning and development through field work, not just sitting at a desk. I enjoyed my drives on Jefferson and walks around the downtown area. I am optimistic about future development in the entire City of Detroit.

In my last week, I scheduled a couple coffee chats with City of Detroit employees, one in my department and another that I had met a couple years prior. I think this is perhaps one of the most important things to do in an internship, get to know the people you are working with everyday.

All in all, I had an amazing summer and I am grateful for this opportunity. The internship search for next summer is underway!

One thought on “Final Post

Hi Adam. Congratulations on finishing your internship and thank you for sharing along the way! Smart move in connecting with fellow employees before departing your internship. The relationships you build now will be with you long into your professional career. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time working for the City of Detroit.

Lastly, don’t hesitate to schedule a meeting with one of the Opportunity Hub coaches this fall. They can help you navigate available internship opportunities. Also, be sure to check the Hub’s Opportunity Network for available postings. Thanks again and take care! – Jake