The Real Deal

MIM

Just past halfway the work has really started to pick up. I completed the original tasks my manager and colleagues had in mind faster than they would have expected and with an extra level of quality that they also may not have expected. This means I have built up my reputation as someone to give work to and I now find myself working on multiple projects at once and getting the opportunity to stay busy and work on prioritization and organization. I have recently gotten to take the lead on two relatively large projects for a huge client of ours and one of our sales teams. One entails creating different reports and the other the creation of a sales lead generating tool that automatically updates all kinds of information to be used for targeting Asset Manager firms. These projects have given me a lot of good experience with Excel which is a key skill I would like to develop. Additionally work on our case study has gotten serious and I created this document from scratch to better visualize the case study landscape. Work has been good as it is both rewarding and interesting.

One thought on “The Real Deal

Hi Evan! Stepping up and reaching out to help with work is a great way to get noticed as someone with good work ethic and initiative and I’m so glad that you’ve found that to bear out in your experience. Have you developed strategies that have helped you prioritize and organize effectively to deliver these projects quickly and with high quality? It can be helpful to take some time to reflect on that so you can articulate your process to employers in the future!

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to learning more in subsequent posts!