Solo Success | #4

In my previous post I mentioned how I had to work on a website redesign and that it was going to be my next main focus on my internship. Let me back up a little bit first. About my third week on my internship I had a meeting with the CEO of the startup space that my company is housed in. Since my boss runs a digital web consultancy, he wanted us to currently redesign the startup spaces’ website. I met with the CEO of the company and two of his administrative staff where he broke down what he wanted to be done. My fellow intern and I took notes rapidly as he listed things left and right that needed updating or removal altogether. After about 20 minutes we had a solid requirements document that captured everything that needed to done for the website. So fast forward to today, I completed everything that was needed, at least to the scope of what I could accomplish. Reflecting on the whole process it was quite a learning experience since I had the opportunity of embarking on a project on my own. The biggest benefit to this was that I had to actively search how to integrate certain things into the website through web forums, asking other people around my open space office, and even asking my boss for his guidance. This aspect of the project being solo was also frustrating at times. I found myself reluctant to ask people for help because I did not want to be a nuisance, but at the same time the longer I waited to ask for assistance it seemed as if I was stalling and wasting time. There were instances where no matter what resources I consulted, I simply could not figure it out and that is something I have to bring up to the admins later this week in a separate meeting. Overall though, I am done with everything that I can be.

Here’s an image of me in front of the Opera House at night: