American Red Cross National Headquarters – #6

Today, the International Humanitarian Law (IHL) team at the American Red Cross visited Georgetown to hear a communications strategy pitch for our unit.

IHL Mission:

The IHL team educates the American public on IHL and the values on which it’s based in order to promote an understanding of and respect for humanity in armed conflict.

Master’s students in the Global Strategic Communications program created a captivating and creative presentation centered around promoting IHL through social media platforms.

We are very thankful for the team that put together such a fantastic pitch for the American Red Cross to help increase our reach and engage with the American public!

We were also able to hear the incredible stories of each of the team members:

One team member recounted how the American Red Cross fed her family, gave them water, and her only pair of shoes during Hurricane Harvey
Another team member recounted how before she deployed, the last person she hugged was a Red Cross volunteer. A year later, that same Red Cross volunteer was the first person she hugged when she touched back down on American soil. 

Thank you, Georgetown students!

Follow my journey! -Maria Muzaurieta
LinkedIn   Instagram   Facebook   Twitter

One thought on “American Red Cross National Headquarters – #6

Hi Maria – my name is Tyler from the LSA Opportunity Hub! Thanks so much for sharing your (super fun and engaging) blog posts this summer! And, congratulations on your internship!! I was really moved by your genuine passion for the organization and the work that you all are doing! Clearly you have identified a strong area of interest and have been committed to exploring ways that this passion can translate into a career. As you prepare to return to campus for the Fall, I encourage you to pop into the Hub. You may already know, but our wonderful career coaches can be really great resources for you to think about how to articulate your skills and experience on to your resume. Coaches can also help you think about creating a strategy for defining and exploring your next steps. In the meantime, enjoy your last weekend before classes begin and I wish you all the best in your future!