The End | Post 6

Today is the last day of MSPICED  and my first internship experience. Reflecting on this summer, I can easily say that I have learned and grown so much. It is crazy to think of how much I have done and accomplished in such a short two and a half months! Through the program of MSPICED, I’m so glad that I learned essentials on statistics, the impact of research, and graduate school. It was also a great opportunity to connect with others in the field of psychology and I’m so grateful to have met so many amazing people through the program. Even more, what had probably the biggest impact on my summer was my lab. The other day my lab counted the number of studies we had completed over the course of MSPICED and it was well over 100 participants for all of our studies combined. Not only am I grateful to have had the experience of working in a developmental psychology lab and running studies different than ones I have before, but I am also grateful to have met the people in my lab as well.  My labmates have truly been instrumental in making this summer one of the best; I already miss all of them and our endless hours running studies and being in the lab together, and especially our “Well-woman” (named after the head of our lab Dr. Wellman) outings to 7/11 and many Ann Arbor restaurants. I was also very lucky to have worked with such great mentors like Dr. Wellman and our graduate students composed of Margaret, Rachna, and Kim.

I am so excited to say that I will be continuing working in Dr. Wellman’s lab during the school year as well. Although I know it will not ever be the same as it was this summer, I am ready to see what comes next.  Overall, this summer was more than I could have ever expected and was one of the best experiences of my life!

One thought on “The End | Post 6

Taeah, it sounds like you had an amazing time at the art fair with your labmate. It is great that the connections you have made in your internship have continued outside of the lab. I wish I had been able to see the booth that had Vincent van Gogh styled work, it sounds like it would have been cool to see!

The research report and poster seem to be both a challenge and enjoyable experience for you. While it can be more difficult to do things that are different from your normal work, like running your own data analysis on your study, it allows you to gain new skills and overcome challenging work. Also, as you see some of the other interns wrapping up and moving onto their post college lifes, it is okay to begin thinking about what you will be doing three years from now. If you want or have an interest to do so, the coaches at the Hub can talk to you about future internships and/or professional goals for after college.

Congrats on your return offer. I am so excited for you!