Into the Beyond #6

For this internship I worked with save the Children Georgia on their Community Based Services for Children with Disabilities project. I worked directly with the children, many specialists, and the Save the Children team to write case studies on how the project was going and what could still be improved.

After this experience abroad, I strongly desire to spend more time living in foreign countries. I am now strongly considering doing medical school abroad or if not at least working abroad for a few years. I also now desire to be a strong advocate for children with disabilities in countries where services for people with disabilities are lacking. I hope to share my expanded understanding of working as part of a nonprofit, working with children with disabilities, and my increased understanding of international medicine. On campus, I hope to add to our growing acceptance and understanding of students with disabilities. As a future doctor, I hope to remember the many things I learned this summer to better my practice.

One thought on “Into the Beyond #6

Hi Sophia – Congratulations on wrapping up a really great internship! Most of your posts lead me to believe that you had an overall positive experience and are definitely taking away some ideas about what might be next for you! I’m thrilled to hear that you are thinking about exploring a variety of different options on your path towards becoming a doctor. I’m confident you will surely make an impact on the lives of your future patients, and I wish you all the best!

And, wherever you go, Go Blue!