Post 1: Starting at Parental Insight

With this being a new environment, I had no idea what to expect.  Though this if not my first internship, the setting here is extremely different than that of my last.  My first project was aiding a group of students in a college algebra workshop.  Their first assignment was a group project called Team Homework.  The first hurdle I came across was getting the youth focused and excited about the math they would need in their college careers.  I found that breaking them into groups to dilute their energy helped them with staying on topic and completing tasks.  I am very excited to get to know more of my students on an individual level.

One thought on “Post 1: Starting at Parental Insight

Thank you for sharing your experience, Bailey!

It is nice to hear your experience working with students and really appreciate the way you managed the experience for the students and making a deliberate effort to know them better individually.

I cannot wait to hear more of your experiences as you continue to learn new skills during your time at Parental Insight. Do you have a mentor who could support you while you’re at work during your internship?

Teaching is such a multi-faceted position and is a treasure trove to learn a diverse range of skills like co-creation, speaking, creativity, etc. Have you been able to identify some of these that could help you in your future goals?

Looking forward to following your journey!