Favorite Food Memory | #4

This prompt is probably meant for interns in far-away places with new and exotic foods, but I think I’ve found an exception right here in Ann Arbor. Recently our supervisor invited all of the interns at Merit Network to an Indian restaurant downtown. Immediately, I was reminded of last summer when all of the interns were treated to dinner by one of our Indian colleagues. I remember we all crammed into a small student apartment room and had a delicious, traditional Indian meal. It was a good way to bond with my fellow interns and a great send-off as we all went our separate ways at the end of summer. This year’s dinner was very much the same, albeit without some of the homemade charm. Unlike last year there were a few interns from different departments that I actually hadn’t been able to talk to much during the summer, so it was very interesting to hear their thoughts on the summer and everything they had accomplished. We each exchanged stories about our respective universities and what we were looking forward to (or things we had enjoyed most for the upperclassmen.) Food-wise, we all decided to order one dish and a large bowl of rice. When the food came, we each took some rice and a spoonful of each dish. Our plates were very colorful; not to mention absolutely delicious! For dessert we all shared some pistachio ice cream and rice pudding. Not quite so traditional Indian, but tasted great nonetheless. So while there may not have been many opportunities to have a new or exotic ‘favorite food memory’ this summer, this one is definitely one that I’ll remember for a long time to come.

One thought on “Favorite Food Memory | #4

I really liked how you took a prompt and spun it on its head! Thanks for sharing with us!