Food Filled Weekend | #5

This post is going to be more centered on the food I ate on a short weekend trip I took a couple weeks ago with some friends I have made in my internship program. Me and three other people sort of last minute decided to take a quick flight to Melbourne and explore another major city in Australia. Upon arriving to the city it reminded me so much of Michigan. The weather was unpredictable with the first hour of our time outside the airport in a cold 40 degrees that later warmed up to a pleasant 60. My time here was also the first time I ever spent a night at a hostel and I had no idea what to expect. Unfortunately we were all separated in different rooms so convening in a single place was a challenge. Thankfully nobody else was in my room so I could relax and be a little more comfortable in privacy. So our first day I tried eggs benedict for the first time in my life and was daring enough to get salmon on it which was outstanding and left me with a craving for hollandaise sauce. Melbourne is known for it’s coffee so I had to get some and I was not disappointed. I still pledge my allegiance to Colombian coffee but the cup I had here was a close contender nonetheless. The highlight of the next day was a chicken Parmesan with BBQ sauce, cheese, ham, and pineapple layered on top of it. As a lover of chicken and Hawaiian pizza this was something that I never knew I needed until I tasted it for the first time. Finally our last day we wanted to top it off with Melbourne’s take on a classic hamburger. We went to this locally owned order-at-the-counter diner and were greeted by people in red striped uniforms. I got a bacon cheeseburger that absolutely filled the void for grease I had been craving. To make things worse, or I guess better, I got a concrete mixer for dessert and was comatose for the rest of night while we bonded and watched a movie in my room. It was a packed weekend that was defined by the food and the people I shared it with.

Here’s a picture of that Hawaiian Chicken Parm that I fell in love with:

One thought on “Food Filled Weekend | #5

Sorry for the delay in my responses, Fernando! While stressful at times, I’m glad that you’ve been able to experience the varied responsibilities of the startup environment. It’s clear through your posts that you’ve learned a lot in the process including, but not limited to, project management, HTML, CSS, wireframing, designing, and navigating solo work. How does this experience live up to what you expected when you first arrived? Does it change your desire to pursue working in a startup environment beyond this internship?

I’m also glad to hear that you’ve were able to get a trip to Melbourne in before leaving Austraila! That Hawaiian Chicken Parm looks amazing!