Learning #4

As I have mentioned before, this internship has given me a lot of practical experience to learn from. Having all of the interns working on their own projects is a great way to teach about different aspects of film making. However, during this internship, the learning has not only come from doing projects but also from the intern managers and their experience.

With two different managers specializes in different aspects of production, one in pre-production and the other in post-production, I have been able to learn a lot from their expertise. I especially have been learning a lot from Will. He has a lot of experience in the industry and different types of video production. He helped us all to better design our videos for different platforms. Not only does Will have technical knowledge from years of working as a one man team, he has worked in the commercial market as well as the non profit/documentary film making field.

Additionally, there have been plenty of guest speakers that come in each week to educate us about the industry and how they managed to get to their position. Guests have ranged from producers focused on independent movies, production company owners, as well as a previous president of entertainment at Disney Channel and President of Discovery Channel.

This internship has provided me with the opportunity to learn from a great variety of experts in the field. I hope to make the most of my time at Birds Nest and continue to learn as much as I can!