My Internship 1

I acquired my internship by asking a private attorney I knew if I could work with her during the summer. She practices in Child and Family Law and Criminal Defense, and I knew that Criminal law is the law that I was very interested in learning more about. As time went on I saw myself less involved in the Child and Family law and more indulged in the Criminal Defense. I have written Gun Board Letters, reviewed appeals, made memorandums that would be asking the judge and prosecutor for a lesser charge for the clients. Most excitingly, I have seen various different kinds of trials. My internship has furthered develop to me being a intern for the Wayne County Criminal Defense Bar Association.

2 thoughts on “My Internship 1

Hi Autumn! My name is Maggie Davidson and I am a Data and Systems Analyst at the LSA Opportunity Hub. I, along with Hub Intern Vishal, will be following along with your blogs this summer! Looking forward to learning about your internship experience!

Hi Autumn, I am Vishal, a student intern here at the LSA Opportunity Hub and would be following along on your internship experience.

Thank you for sharing this experience! It is amazing to see that you were able to focus on skills that you set out to explore and gain experience in, at the same time work a little bit on Child and Family Law as well.

The kind of activities that you’ve been engaged in sounds interesting and I was wondering if there is an opportunity to sit down post trials to discuss how it went and reflect upon it? Now that you’ve also had some experience to work in different kinds of trials and activities related to criminal defense. How do you think these affect your interests and future aspirations? Do you feel there are particular aspects of criminal law that you’re really excited about and looking to explore more?

I am looking forward to hearing more of your experiences!