Not the End- Blog #6

I am particularly fortunate to have had my research internship this summer. Having already worked with my current research group for a year, I was able to avoid the steep learning curve, which I encountered last summer and simply focus on contributing and learning as much as I could about precision medicine, head and neck cancer, and immunology. While many of the techniques that I have learned over the course of the past year ranging from wet-lab techniques to how to analysis particular genes will be useful assets for me in my future career as a physician scientist, I have also become more motivated than ever to maintain a research as a vital component of my career. I believe the pursuit of discovery to improve the care physicians can offer their patients is a particularly exciting course of study. Moreover, I think that the challenge that research presents, specifically translational research, has been especially motivating.

Moving forward, I will have the privilege to continue working as part of my current research group for both the fall and winter semesters. With hopes of publishing many of our findings from this summer as well as capping of two years in the group with an honors thesis, I could not have asked for a better opportunity to learn and prepare for a career as a physician scientist.