That’s A Wrap (#6)

Last week my internship with MSPICED ended. On my final day we had a lab meeting where our PI was able to ask us about our experience and for feedback for next year’s program. It felt good to feel as if our voices were heard, seeing as though several things could have used improvement within our specific lab.

Overall, MSPICED was a positive research experience for me. I got to gain more practice recruiting families and talking about research in simple language. I also got more experience running studies, even though it wasn’t a lot. I also had to write a research report for the study I was working on, which involved analyzing data and reporting results. This was a challenge for me but I was able to do it, and it was a very rewarding experience for me.

I believe that as time goes on, this internship will become an even more valuable opportunity for undergraduates like me. I feel that many of the bumps in the road that we encountered were due to the fact that this was our lab’s first time taking part in a program like this, so naturally there is going to be a learning curve. I think that this program has great potential, and I hope that it’s future interns get to have a great time participating in this program!