The Beginning #1

Honestly, I don’t know what to expect with this internship. The most I know about my company is that they deal with home mortgages and the community has mixed feelings around them. Sometimes, I hear good things about Quicken Loans, and other times I hear a lot of bad. I chose to intern here for the simple fact that I don’t know. Going into my Junior year of college, I want to learn how to take more risks. On top of everything else, I don’t like not knowing what’s happening in Detroit. It’s about time I outgrow my ignorance.

I love the idea that my first, off campus, internship will be in Detroit. My city has a bad reputation for being a dead community. Some of my friends have interned atQL and so far, they love it. I’m super pump to see what Detroit will do for me!

One thought on “The Beginning #1

Hello Carlena – I’m Kate, one of the Coaches at the Opportunity Hub, and I’ll be following your blogposts these last few weeks of summer. Thanks for the entries you’ve already posted, which I have been reading and will be replying to. Just wanted to introduce myself here and say that I’m excited to hear about your experience at QL!