Post #1: First Months of the Internship

-Company Logo

The past few months, I’ve been interning at Doozy, here in Chicago, Illinois. I was looking for a music internship this year, and I found it via Handshake. For the internship, I had the interview in the middle of finals and had to create a pitch for reasons my boss should hire me. I included a playlist of five songs that I felt summarized me.

My goals for this Summer have been to get a sort of entry-level understanding of the music industry. I want to make connections for a job, of course, but I’m interested in learning about music overall as a business practice, along with understanding my hometown through the lens of this industry.

Challenges I foresee happening are that I am largely unfamiliar with technical terms and skills, such as lights and sound, along with audio engineering. One opportunity I foresee is the chance to learn more about those aspects.

Here’s the link below:

One thought on “Post #1: First Months of the Internship

Hi Rene! My name is Michael Joiner-Hill, and I’m an Assistant Director of Student Engagement at the Hub. I, along with Hub Intern Peyton, will be following along with your blogs this summer! Looking forward to learning about your internship experience!