Allie Taylor – London – Post 5

There are few things in my life that can compare to the experience of this summer. Living in London, working with one of the greatest orchestras and management companies in the world, and being able to feel like I am a part of the world of art that I love so much, is giving me an education that is simply not possible in a classroom setting. Learning what I like — and arguably more important, what I don’t like — in a company, in a work experience, in a boss, in coworkers, and in a work environment, is something I am extremely grateful for. The experiences I have had, and am continuing to have through this internship are experiences that I will carry with me into my senior year of college, and into the “real world”, after I graduate.

It is so clear to me now why internships are so important. While yes, of course they are important for meeting people in the industry you want to work on, and for making connections in locations and at companies, I have come to see how important internships are for personal growth. And that is priceless!