Live Nation #6

This past week wrapped up my internship at Live Nation Global Touring.

Going into this summer I knew my internship was going to be different, and much more about learning and making connections than “doing work”. It was still challenging, but in a different sense than most traditional work experiences. The dynamic of the office is not like most, especially from what I’m used to, it would be easy to fall behind. Staying on top of things, doing my research, and remaining organized allowed me to stay above water.

During my last week, my boss and I were talking about the internship, my future plans, etc., and he said that along with communication the most important skill is being proactive. It’s not enough to keep your head down and do the work. You have to always be thinking ahead and plan for the future. If I had to give advice to someone looking to enter the music industry it would be to remain proactive, because it is very easy to fall behind.

On my final day, I went to the On The Run Tour II with Jay-Z and Beyoncé at Soldier Field. It was an incredible show, both musically and visually but it was also the first show I attended that my office specifically was promoting. Walking into the stadium I felt a rush of emotion that reminded me why I love the work I get to do.