Self-Sufficiency | #4

In my studies so far, everything I’ve done has come with a clear goal. Whether it’s completing a project or studying to master a specific topic, my objectives have always been clear. In my internship, however, I have been given a lot more independence and have had to learn to rely more on myself.

Although I am sometimes given specific tasks, most of what I do is rather self-directed. Whether its researching general topics or trying to find trends over years worth of data, I’ve had to learn to be more confident in my own judgement.

I have also been attending many events around DC this summer and have been tasked with reporting back on the information relevant to the organization. At first I was very nervous that I would miss something important when determining what to write about what I had learned, but I soon became more comfortable with making those decisions. As my internship goes on and I get more familiar with the organization’s goals, my ability to be self-reliant in my work will only continue to improve.

One thought on “Self-Sufficiency | #4

Thank you for sharing, Catherine! I am glad to hear that you emerged from your internship with increased confidence around working independently. This trait will give you an advantage both in the classroom and in future work environments. Congratulations on finishing your internship and I wish you the best of luck moving forward. Thanks again for sharing. – Jake