Michigan Campaign Work: Final Blog Post!

It’s bittersweet, y’all!

I’ve gotten through the primary, both my candidates won, and my internships are starting to come to a close. I’ve really enjoyed working on political campaigns. The people, the energy, everything has been amazing and I’m hoping to volunteer as much as possible when the fall comes around, because that’s going to be one of the most important times leading up to the general election! I’d say my most favorite part of working on a campaign is seeing someone’s eyes light up when you talk about your candidate, and they get really excited to go out and vote. That is truly an empowering feeling, because you’ve impacted someone’s day and probably changed whether or not they were going to go out and take the time to vote at all.

As for campaign work itself, I have a feeling that this will not be my last time working on getting someone elected! You work SO hard and truly feel the reward when you see how you can create your own government, and you make a lot of new friends along the way that are just as passionate as you are. Now we just have to make sure our candidates win on November 6th!

Jessica

2 thoughts on “Michigan Campaign Work: Final Blog Post!

Jessica, I am so glad to hear that the internships were a success and that both candidates won! Great work!

I find it so cool that you had the chance to make tweets for a campaign social media account. I have always been very interested in who is actually making the tweets, but it’s encouraging to know that it is informed and enthusiastic interns such as yourself!

It was very interesting to hear your outlook on work-day structure. Do you think non-traditional work structures are sustainable with your lifestyle long-term? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Finally, I am so glad you enjoyed the summer so much. Hearing about the excitement you inspire in voters by talking about candidates was inspiring. You sound truly passionate about this work and I truly hope that you continue to pursue your passion in this field with an “enthusiasm unknown to mankind.” 🙂

Hello Jessica– It’s been wonderful to read your posts and hear about your experience with the Driskell and Lasinski campaigns! As of this post, you’ve met your blogging requirements for the summer (though you are welcome to continue posting). Once you’re back on campus, please know you are welcome to stop by the Hub to discuss how you can represent your accomplishments on your resume, LinkedIn, or in the networking conversations you mentioned here. I hope you’ve been enjoying some downtime in the time since your internship wrapped up!

p.s. the deadline’s almost here, but I hope you’ll think about submitting to the Hub photo contest!